Tuesday 24 May 2011

(5) Fitting the Sheet Anchorage to a gantry at Stern

Not quite there yet!!!

I planned to do this next,  the idea is use a 50" stainless steel ladder as a gantry to enable the sheets to be run to a point 50" above the stern deck,  so the blocks and sheets will swing above the bimini and awning and the sheet to run in from the stern to the warm, dry and comfy-cozy wheelhouse... the gantry will be fixed to the stainless steel push pit and have 4 stays attached to the deck to give it some lateral strength... so a wee bit of welding is in order to attach a fex stainless plates to fix the stays etc etc !

Now...then, the last time I tried any welding, you could say it was less than perfect .. evry pretty as the rods kept bloody sticking on the damn plates... all very fine if you like hedge-hogs or want an exhibit for the Tate gallery.. but for a boat? Nah!!

So I will need to arrange someone to help me with the welding (I know my limits!!) .. so, this element may be delayed a bit .. if so, when I finish fitting the hatch on the dog roof (etc) if it ain't ready, I will jump ahead to reinforcing the coach roof and making the mast step and partner...

No comments:

Post a Comment